Monday, January 3, 2011

Today is the first day of the rest of my life!

The year 2011 is the year I turn a quarter century old. My mom pulled out my old thermos today that I used to use in elementary school, and as cliche as it sounds I couldn't help but wonder where the time has all gone. Almost 25 and though I'm sure I have accomplished a lot...I feel like I haven't reached my full potential.


Just a few days before New Years Eve I sat down with my Mom at about midnight discussing how excited we are for 2011. I began to think about what the new year could bring for me...maybe I would get my big break, or I'll fall in love, or I'll win the lotto! Then I realized...I can't just count on the universe to do things for me. For me 2010 was a year I waited for things to happen...and now I know that the only thing standing in the way of me and my goals.......is me.


So instead of a new years resolution this year, I made a promise to myself to stop standing in my way. I like me...I LOVE me in fact...So, I have decided to challenge myself...instead of vowing to keep to a resolution that will inevitably fail...I am challenging myself to be a better version of someone I love dearly, myself.


The Challenge:


The main part of this life makeover is my health...thats where that catchy "Twenty Five by 25" is coming in. March 26th is the day I turn 25 and I am committing to losing 25 pounds by that day. Today I woke up and started a detox, not only to restart my body, but my mind. This challenge is not only for my physical health...it is for me to realign my stars and create the life I really want to live.


The Goals:

- Live healthier.
-Unclutter my life, simply starting by cleaning my room...after 25 years I'm sure my parents will be happy this FINALLY gets done.
-Put my career goals front and center. I belong on a stage, its time to make my entrance.
-Be motivated.


The journey starts now! Twenty Five by 25 is in motion...I hope you'll join me for the ride!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you dear cousin! But, just remember, it's a lifetime process to become all you're meant to be.
    I'll be rooting for you, on the 25 by 25. I feel so much better having lost about 22 lbs last fall. Mike wants to do the HCG diet again soon, so I might lose a tad more. I still have a hard time seeing "me" when I look in the mirror. I not only took off the weight, but I'm growing my hair out... s l o w l y. Anyway, I feel soooo much better.
    Have a good time with your challenge. Remember, every day is a new day, and aren't we blessed? ! ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. I am also on a detox of various sorts. If you can make it to exercise, diet is the best. It can take an hour of vigorous exercise to burn 500 calories and just 1 second to say no to a piece of cake. If you make wise choices, this is your easiest way to drop weight without deprivation. Take every meal, cut it in half, drink your water first to fill your tummy, etc that kind of stuff. GOOD LUCK I'll be watching out for you...now for ME! haha...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 25 x 2 = ME
    You have the support, what ever it takes to make the most out of life, together I will have you in my daily work out, I quit the smokes, at the gym, watching what I eat and getting ready for my 50 in June. You can do it while you are young and not wait till you are as old as ME!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once you set you mind to something I believe you are have way there. Can't wait to see you on stage.

    ReplyDelete