Thursday, January 6, 2011

Where's the emergency exit?

As much as I would love to just run and make myself something to eat that doesn't come from a blender (like all my meals this week)...I have to remind myself of why I started this blog in the first place...accountability. 

This whole detox thing seemed like a great idea at first...a good way to lose a quick 8 pounds or so before I really jumped into a new healthy lifestyle. Turns out...I'm not loving it as much as I would have hoped. I'm on day 5 of 6 and supposedly my cravings are supposed to be curbed...but all I can think about is a Taco Bell crunchy taco! 

I have to remind myself though that this isn't just for one week...I'm not making a brief attempt at losing weight fast on some fad diet. I started research on my next step...and have decided that on Monday I will join Weight Watchers. My problem in the past has been doing something drastic like cutting out carbohydrates completely...and I have had great success but there comes a point where I snap and gain all of the weight I lost back.
Weight Watchers has started a new program that I encourage everyone, who is looking to make a change, to look into. 

I have gotten an overwhelming response to this blog and I couldn't be more thankful! Along with that response I have heard many people saying how they would all like to be a part of this challenge...so this is my official invitation to join me! I could use all the company I can get...





2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am so proud of you. This is something I wish that I would have done many years ago. You are doing this for your health! God bless you - you are also encouraging me!!!
    Love,
    Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can count me in, Danielle. I have been trying to do the last few years and have been swayed my the deliciousness of Texas BBQ. But this is the year that changes! I know that you can do it and through your amazing journey, I hope to make this change too. I love you and know that you have all the support in the world! <3

    ReplyDelete