Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Who craves cauliflower?

Cauliflower? Really? Raw cauliflower?


Yesterday I was overly excited at the thought of the vegetable...my mom bought a huge head of it cut it down and I snacked on it all day like it was chocolate covered honeycomb. 


Today...I turned on the Food Network...and the excitement of those crunchy florets was a distant memory. I swear...I whole heartedly blame Guy Fieri from "Diner's Drive-ins and Dives" for at least 10 of my unwanted pounds.


Luckily I am too stubborn to let those fried images get to me...I changed the channel to Iron Chef Japan and the sight of a whole pig being boiled into a stew had me running back to my beloved cauliflower.


All in all...today I was a good day...detox is still on schedule!



3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, Danielle. I've started watching HGTV instead. It helps... sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle - I know you are on a restricted diet now, but did you know that some peeps make faux mashed potatoes out of califlower - basically steam it until soft, then mash it. I know you dont want a lot of butter, but think about the possibilities. That said, I never tried it myself, so what do I know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Cauliflower "mashed potatoes" is WONDERFUL! I've made it many times.

    And cauliflower was one of my favorite snacks when I was 4. I still like it, but then... back in the day, I ate it with copious amounts of mayonnaise... the hard stuff... not your 10-calorie/T. unreasonable facsimile.

    Good luck, Danielle. I'm with you, cause I want to lose 20 pounds. Once more into the breach!

    Love you, girl,
    Aunt Vickie

    ReplyDelete